* Under the right conditions, can discern the light of a candle at a distance of 14 miles.
* Utilize 65% of all the pathways to the brain.
* Can instantaneously set in motion hundreds of muscles and organs in your body.
* In a normal life-span, will bring you almost 24 million images of the world around you.
* The adult eyeball measures about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter. Of its total surface area only one-sixth is exposed -- the front portion.
* The eye is the only part of the human body that can function at 100% ability at any moment, day or night, without rest. Your eyelids need rest, the external muscles of your eyes need rest, the lubrication of your eyes requires replenishment, but your eyes themselves "never" need rest. But please rest them!
* Eyes are your most precious sense... care for them properly!
* Your eyes are the most complex organs you possess except for your brain.
* Your eyes are composed of more than 2 million working parts
* The average person blinks 12 times per minute - about 10,000 blinks in an average day
* Your eyes can process 36,000 bits of information every hour.
* Only 1/6th of your eyeball is exposed to the outside world
* The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job that they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.
* Color blind people do see color but confuse certain colors in certain conditions.
* Red and Green are the most commonly confused colours among colour blind people.
* Color blindness is 10 times more common in males than females
* Your eyelids and the external muscles of your eyes need rest, the lubrication of your eyes requires replenishment, but your eyes themselves never need rest.
* Your eyelashes have an average life span of 5 months.
* The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
* The eye of a human can distinguish 500 shades of the gray.
* People generally read 25% slower from a computer screen than from paper.
* Men are able to read fine print better than women can.
* The reason why your nose gets runny when you are crying is because the tears from the eyes drain into the nose.
* It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* The space between your eyebrows is called the Glabella.
* Your eye will focus on about 50 things per second.
* Your retina contains 120 million rods for "night vision", and 8 million cones that are colour sensitive and work best under daylight conditions.
* Your Eyes contribute towards 85% of your total knowledge.
* About half of our brain is involved in the seeing process. Humans are very much visual animals.
* Under the right conditions, the human eye can see the light of a candle at a distance of 14 miles.
* That modern cataract operations have been made possible thanks to the second world war? Sir Harold Ridley, who was an ophthalmic surgeon in London, found that pilots came back from their missions with little pieces of perspex in their eye(shattered screens of the planes they were flying in), to which the eye did not seem to "object": no inflammation of any significance was found in their eye.This material was modified and further developed into artificial lenses that are used in cataract operations.
* Eyes can be transplanted.
* A cataract must be ripe before it can be removed.
* It is not harmful to watch a welder or look at the sun if you squint, or look through narrowed eyelids.
* the entire length of all the eyelashes shed by a human in their life is over 98 feet (30 m).
Your Eyes As You Grow
* Your eyes begin to develop 2 weeks after conception
* Your eyes are always the same size from birth, but your nose and ears never stop growing
* The adult eyeball measures about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
* The older we are the less tears we produce.
* Babies don’t produce tears in their eyes until they are one to three months old.
* All babies are colour blind when they are born.
* Your eyes will never wear out